Damages of Individuals' Property and Liability insurance
- In case of insurance event of your insured property, please, notify this to us as soon as possible. At the same time, please, submit to us the relevant form, which is found at the bottom section of the page. After we receive the form, we will contact you as soon as possible to agree on further steps.
- Please, secure the damaged place in a way that, ideally, there would be no spreading of extent or consequences of the damage. Leave everything at its place; the employees of the insurance company will make documentation. In case this is not possible for some reason (for example, due to hygiene), document the extent of the damage yourself or with the assistance of an independent witness.
- Make a photo-documentation of the damaged items. If possible, make a photo of general view on the damaged items (immovable and movable property), as well as details of damaged parts. At the same time, do not remove the damaged items and leave them for possible examination until the investigation is over.
- In damaged constructions, write down the sizes of the damaged construction components, including material types (for example, sizes of rooms including their height, paint type; length and type of material of damaged gutters; surface and type of damaged roofing; possibly, the number of damaged roof tiles; indicate any interior or exterior wall cladding - material, sizes, number of pieces, etc.).
- If needed (in case of fire, theft, vandalism), report the event also to other authorities (to Police of the Czech Republic, Fire Rescue Service, Hygiene Service, etc.).
- An important step is the preparation of all the necessary paperwork and documents, which are needed for processing of the insurance event. If possible, please, find the receipts for acquisition of damaged items (purchase documents, contracts, invoices, etc.).
In case of insured event to your insured property, or if you need a compensation for damages, it is necessary to deliver the following documents to the insurance company:
- Filled in Claim Reporting form.
- In case of damage, destruction of theft, it is desired to attach an acquisition document to the form.
- In case of theft or burglary, send us the Theft Reporting protocol.
- When solving your insurance event, a photo-documentation of the damaged items or resulting damage would be of great help, but it is not necessary to attach it.
If you are reporting an insurance event related to your Individual's liability, for a successful settlement, it is necessary to submit:
- Completed Request for Compensation form for liability Insurance signed by both parties (insured and damaged party) or claiming compensation for damages by the damaged party (call for payment or other document proving the claim for compensation of the damaged party and completed Claim Reporting form - property and liability insurance.
- When evaluating your insurance event, a photo-documentation of damaged items or the caused damage would be very helpful for us.
- Further requirements are usually based on type of damage, and they are specified by the liquidator based on evaluation of basic information and available documents.
The documents mentioned above should be provided to the insurance company by any of the following methods:
- post: Maxima pojišťovna a.s., Italská 1583/24, 120 00 Praha 2 Vinohrady
- e- mail: LPU@maxima-as.cz
- fax: +420 273 190 412
Based on damage type, the insurance company might require an on-site visit.