- For whom is this insurance suitable?
The insurance is designed for entrepreneurs with an annual turnover of up to CZK 500 million. This product responds to the European Union’s data protection regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
- What is the subject-matter of the insurance?
Compensation for damage or penalty resulting from the liability for transmitting malware from the insured’s computer system:
- Security errors in the insured’s computer system, failure to prevent DoS and DDoS attacks
- Loss of non-public data or third-party information
- Violation of legislation, confidentiality obligation or data protection rights
The insured’s costs of restoring the insured’s computers, network or business in connection with the establishment of data liability:
- Data recovery costs, forensic costs
- Costs associated with cyber blackmailing
- Legal representation expenses
- Costs incurred for mandatory notifications and public relations
- Costs and fines in the area of payment cards
Lost profit and fixed costs in the case of interruption or restriction of the insured’s operation due to:
- Unauthorised access
- Operator’s errors
- DoS and DDoS attacks
- Transmitting malware to the insured’s network
- Why take out this insurance?
This insurance covers cyber risks to the common extent and also risks associated with data liability. The insurance also covers the costs of regulatory proceedings, including sanctions and fines within and outside the Czech Republic, and risks associated with data liability in relation to payment cards, including sanctions and fines.
- Where is the insurance applicable?
This insurance is applicable anywhere in the world.
- What are the insured’s obligations during the insurance term?
The insured is obliged to provide complete and true information about the insurance risk before and during the policy period, report to the insurance company all changes of contact details, pay insurance premiums in time and in the agreed amount, make sure that no damage occurs and take measures to mitigate the consequences of loss if such loss has already occurred.
- When and how to make payments?
Regular insurance premiums are payable no later than on the first day of the insurance term, and in-full premiums upon the commencement of the insurance unless the insurance policy provides otherwise. Premiums may be paid by bank transfer (by a payment or standing order) or by a money order.
- When does the insurance benefit commence?
The insurance coverage commences on the date specified as the commencement of insurance in the insurance policy.
- What is the amount of insurance benefit?
This insurance is characterised by high indemnity limits up to CZK 40 million, the limit is selected by the insured. The exact coverage of your insurance is set out in your insurance policy.
- How can I conclude an insurance policy?
Taking out insurance is very simple. All you have to do is to complete a questionnaire and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our colleagues will soon contact you with a specific offer.
- How can I report a change of my mailing address?
How can I report a change of my mailing address? If your mailing address changes, it is absolutely necessary to notify the insurer of such change in writing.
- Whom should I contact if I need to change any data in my insurance policy?
In this case, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Are there any limitations of insurance coverage?
The insured participates in the insurance benefit to the extent of the agreed excess. In the case of consequential loss insurance, the benefit is limited by the period of liability agreed in the insurance policy. In some cases, the benefit may be limited by law or a contract. The exact limitations of your insurance are set out in your insurance policy.